12 March 2005

Term Break

Yes. Finally. The term break has started. And whilst others may envy at the one week breather, I am far from their envy. I realised that I have to be down in school everyday. It's worse than normal school. I have piles of marking to do, and students to meet, drama kids to train, and lesson preparation to do for me lesson observation. So, what's new?

Well, for starters, I'm taking this one week break to reflect on what I could have done better. What worked? What didn't? Why didn't it work?

As I set goals for my students, I have also begun to sit back, take a breather and set goals for myself. What is it that I want to achieve this term? Have I achieved any goals myself? Why am I on this mission? And have I begun to head towards the goal of this mission that I have embarked on?

Maybe yes, maybe no. I am glad that I have continued my good rapport with 2 Unity although sometimes, they climb over my head. And I have established good rapport with my form class. I think I need more working on for 2 Integrity. Slowly, but surely, I will get there! And my drama kids - what a lovely bunch! Put the rapport aside, I have to ask myself if I have been an effective teacher. Was I able to teach such that they understand?

It's time to think and reflect...

No comments: