I must say that this school holiday is hardly one! For starters, I had to teach extra two weeks for my sec threes. Then it was packing and packing and packing cos our school's shifting back to Hougang. For a moment, I didn't know how to operate as I didn't know if I should report to the new school or the old school. Finally, things began to settle last week as we teachers unpacked our belongings from the Rhema boxes.
For most teachers, December marks the start of the holidays, especially since the shifting seemed to have eaten into our holidays already. But for me, it marks the start of more work. Unknown to many, I am embarking on a new project. I met up with a new teacher, and together, we're on some big mission to ensure things run smoothly next year.
And so, the weeks so far has seen us hopping from place to place, speaking to potential trainers and vendors, chasing for quotes and syllabus. Tomorrow, I will be starting my day again at 9am in school. My new colleague and I will be heading down to the other side of the island to see if it's possible to run a diving course for the school kids.
It's tiring, but it's exciting. And I face my new challenges with a bitter-sweet relish. It is but the beginning, with more to take on next year. I just pray that I will be able to take on this challenge well, and do I was meant to do when I chose to teach.
As for the holidays, I guess I have to wave it goodbye this year as I forfeit any thought of a trip overseas. Maybe one day, I'd have a chance to claim back this holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment