Today, the kids in my school had a chance to use their own clothes to school instead of their school uniforms. I too took the oppotunity to be all comfortable with jeans and a red t-shirt I designed and drew last year.
But what struck me today that got me smiling was my former form class, 3 Diligence (2005).
They probably didn't notice me as I perched my head over the parapet on the third floor and saw the girls in the class have a friendly class game of captain's ball. Looking at the way they played, it dawned on me that these girls had matured somehow from the time I taught them last year. Even in the game, they looked more motivated and focused. From Michelle (grown prettier) to Rachel (less rebellious) to Clarissa (just as sweet) to Slow Pok (oops! :)), all of them looked like they had grown up, in a way that made me proud of them.
Somehow I missed them, and really, like a mother that had to give up her child for adoption, I felt sad in a way when I didn't follow them up to Sec 4. I do miss them somehow.. even Xun Fu who says "Hi" to me when he sees me along the corridor.
I wished the boys would grow up too, and be more focused in their studies. From the likes of Gifford, to Joel, to Benson and even Xun Fu, I felt each of them had so much more potential. They just needed to work harder.
So yes, girls - proud of you and miss teaching you... Take care, and study hard!
:)
starfish
No comments:
Post a Comment