Dear God
Thank you for today. Today's my brother's birthday and I pray that you will bless him.
God, I was angry today. Well, actually more like frustrated. Frustrated because one of my Sec 2 classes didn't seem to be listening during the presentation I had planned for them. This is not the first time they have acted this way. It's been five weeks since I started teaching them, and I thought I should be doing better in establishing rapport with them. Somehow, I can't seem to connect with them the way I want to.
But God, you are kind. Thank you for blessing me with the other two classes I teach. Today, one of the students from the other Sec 2 class reassured me that things will be better. He said, "Last year when you first taught us, it wasn't like this easy too." He is right. Rapport takes time to build. Maybe it's me being impatient again. I guess it's easier for me to connect with my form class too cos I taught some of them last year and I've spent more time with them as compared to the new Sec 2 class.
God, I'm beginning to feel drained teaching the new Sec 2 class. Thankfully, I have the other class to replenish the lost energy. Today, as I stepped into the old Sec 2 class, I looked at them in a different light. The faces were familiar, and they were familiar with my rules. As they completed their worksheets, I felt a need to want to nurture them more. In a way, I felt that I owned them. Yes, I think I'm beginning to be fond of this class. Reading through their answers on the inner monologue was a joy. Bless them, Lord. They have so much potential in them. Guide me so that I may guide them, to bring out the best in them, to help them fulfil their dreams.
Tomorrow is a new day, God. Please bless all my students with wisdom, patience and grace.
Thank you God for today. Please continue to give me patience as I journey through this life doing your work.
:)
PS - God, my optical mouse and mini hifi and microwave oven's spoilt... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment