13 February 2005

Valentine's Day

Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. It sure has been a while since I last experienced VDay being celebrated in school. I wonder what my kids will be up to. Let's see. The last I remembered celebrating that day in school was when I was in JC. I remember spending the night baking heart-shaped cookies to give away to my friends and classmates. The VDays that came after that were less memorable though along the way I did have that special someone to celebrate with. But somehow, it wasn't anything fancy since he didn't feel very strongly about celebrating it.

In any case, that was some 7 years back? I must say my most memorable Vday was the one last year, where I planned for Jeff to propose to Wendy - where I conspired to get her favourite food, music and flowers - set it all in her new home complete with tealight candles and jazz music. And how the taxi driver who sent me to her home said that "someday, somebody's gonna do the same thing for you." (You can read the whole story in February's archives if you know how to get there!)

Well, it's been a year since that happened, and hmmm... nobody has done that for me as yet. Well, I guess my gifts from God come in different packages!

Tomorrow, I will be celebrating VDay with three other girls - close friends of mine who reckon that being attached or married doesn't entail that they have to celebrate and be all romantic just on this particular day. They tell me love can be expressed on any other day just as well. I agree....

On another note, I guess on some other part of the island, two of my other friends will be celebrating this special day for the first time since he proposed to her. Yes, I've played cupid on my birthday two years back, and now I'm seeing the fruits of my labour! I'm glad for you, my friends!! I hear wedding bells!! How nice!!

Yes, I am still a romantic at heart!! Happy V Day to all my kids - I really shouldn't be encouraging teenage relationships, but go on, use this day to tell whoever you love that you love them, because you'll never know when the moment will slip you by.

:)

No comments: