It's week two of term one and yet it feels as though school had only just begun. Maybe it's because of the holidays in between. Next week my sec 2 kids are off for their camp and I'd be losing yet another three lessons with them.
This doesn't feel good as I don't feel I'm gelling with my class well considering the breaks in between.
I've been very firm still with my Sec 2 kids and I hope they don't blame me. I must say I am a real harsh one compared to my co-form. But I strongly feel that they need the correct guidance or when they move on to Sec 3, things will start to get out of hand. I am pleased so far that they have been handing in their assignments on time. Yet, I don't want every lesson to be one of discipline. Sometimes, I wished I had the class of last year's 2 Unity back. There was just some magic in that class that I enjoyed and loved.
Maybe I am a little impatient. After all, I've only seen them for a total of three lessons. I can't expect a rapport built over a year plus. I think my new class has potential. It's only they have to start to see it more for themselves than for me to see it in them.
I didn't like the fact that i had to pick out a student in class to teach the rest about respect today, but her actions were highly disrespectful, and could not go unchecked. I think it hit her when I highlighted her behaviour. It wasn't personal. It was the behaviour that I could not condone.
Another of my kid smsed me through his friend. He asked me to pray for him as he has been down with fever since Monday. It must be really scary for him to be sick for so long. I said a prayer for him immediately and sent him an sms. I pray he'd recover and be well. There's just too much youth and potential in him for anything to happen to him. I truly hope to see him in school on Monday.
CCA orientation saw me leaving school only at 7pm. That seems to be the norm these days. I guess my new portfolio in school has kept me really busy, and like Jeannie puts it, "you're like a call centre".
But I think I'm juggling well, thanks to good support from some of my colleagues.
It was good to catch some of my former students today at the CCA orientation. Xunfu looked so smart in his uniform. I sure hope he does well in his studies and doesn't slacken again. Lynn's hair grew!! Heard she's the English rep again. Saw Chuan Lian in the morning.. She's the class monitor now... I wonder how the others are doing...
Alright - time to sign off. Back to more work on the drawing board!
:)
starfish
No comments:
Post a Comment