04 July 2007

It's all OK after all...

The first day of my facilitation at RP went well after all... well, minus the little fight outside my class, the fact that I couldn't project my PowerPoint slides, and that my students didn't fair too well at the daily test...

But that aside, I am proud of my little achievement, for keeping the nerves so in check that one of my students asked me - are you like an "old bird" here?

I thank my best friend for reminding me to focus not on myself but on the students instead. That helped lift the pressure a lot.. I also thank my lots-of-potential ex-student, Alfred for sending me that encouraging sms last night... and also all my dear Sec 2 Unity and 2 Charity students for tagging the encouraging words.. Even my former students currently studying at RP msned me to check on me - thanks Slowpoke! And Michelle Lim for popping by to visit me. :)

It's been a fulfilling day as I get to know another 22 students today and facilitated their learning on conflict management.

As I wind down for the day, I'd like to sit back and relish my little achievement. I do think I deserve this little break for now!

No comments: