Taking time off to dust the cobwebs off my keyboard and do a little blogging while I wait for the large image files of Maria Sharapova to download from the client server.
No, I've not forgotten about my blog. It's just that life has taken over and I've been busy working and travelling in and out of the country while juggling project after project, not to mention a one-week break with dear old mum at Las Vegas.
I've begun to marvel at the latest Web 2.0 technology recently. Not that I've not already been wowed by the many things it can do, allowing people to network over a virtual space for one, I've been even more impressed by how it managed to link me up with my old school mate back to junior college and now to my secondary school.
I don't need to mention ages here, but any wise person can count backwards, realising that I've not met some of my JC mates since we left school some 15 years ago. And just when we thought we've lost touch with each other, Facebook brings us all back together.
I met up with six of my JC mates (affectionately called the "door group" cos we always at by the door in the classroom) over dinner last night and it's amazing that after 15 years, a large part of us remains unchanged. We picked up where we left off and 15 years of being apart brought back many fond memories and laughter. Talking about what we used to do back in our JC days, making fun of teachers and looking out for the guys that we used to have crushes on made us feel all nostalgic.
All of us looked back and were glad we didn't marry the guys we used to have crushes on. I guess as we grew older, we became wiser. We've begun to know what we want in relationships, and we've learned how to differentiate good from bad. Half of the six of us are happily married, while the other half have been tasked to break the curse of infertility by getting married!
At the end of the day, I was glad that we met up, and thankful for Facebook that put us all in touch.
Nothing beats connecting with old friends. It makes me look back and think I've come a long way.
:)
1 comment:
Miss chewwwww,
may june july august!
4 months since you've updated!!! ;(
updateupdateupdate.
oh oh oh and takecareeee.
rina
Post a Comment