I shared with my class a habit I learnt from a friend quite some time back, and that was to ask, "How was your day?" My initial replies used to be - "OK" or "Bad"... Until I began to realise how my friend would answer when the question was asked in turn.
My friend would focus on the positive aspects of the day, the learning points. I soon realised that yes, everyday is a lesson for us to learn and keep. Even a bad day is a lesson by itself, and if so, what makes it so "bad"?
I challenged my class to end the day asking someone else, "How was your day?" and also ask themselves, "What did I learn today?"
Thanks for asking how my day was - It was good. It was good that I was able to share a part of my life with you. And though I may not have touched the lives of all of, at least I knew I had touched some... much like the starfish story... "I made a difference to this one!"
No comments:
Post a Comment