The week has been a rollercoaster ride, filled with joys and tears. And now, as I sit in the comfort of my papa-san chair, I feel that my room looks like a typhoon-swept mess, with papers and books lying all around. My nose is runny, and I stop once in a while whilst blogging to stifle a sneeze.
The weather is beginning to get warm, and I am beginning to miss the cool breeze and air over the past weeks. It reminded me of my days back in Hawaii - sunny yet dry and cool. It felt like Singapore in a perpetual air-conditioned state.
In any case, the weekend was spent preparing for lessons. It's been a long while since I did that much intensive research, even going down to Bras Basah Complex to check out the second hand bookshops there to make sure they sell the books I told my kids to get for their Reading Circle Programme. I am determined to start the Programme with my Sec 2 kids. I wonder how they will take to Underground to Canada by Barbara Smucker - the text that I read in Sec 2 myself that got me looking at the stars til this very day - the North Star - the brightest star of the "Big Dipper" that lead thousands of slaves to freedom.
As I did my research over the Internet today, a warm feeling of nostalgia crept over me as I relish the days where I ploughed through Literature texts, analysing and interpreting. Indeed, it was one of my favourite subjects in school. Ironic, considering the fact that I don't really like to read!
I don't believe that I have benn on the Internet for more than 10 hours just ploughing through links to create my lessons. Well, I hope it's worth the effort!
Tomorrow will be a fresh start to the week - the EVEN week, where my time-table is much heavier than that in the ODD week. Another five days to plough through. I WILL survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment