Yes, school has started and for most, they are back to their own classes. As form teacher of Sec 3 Diligence, I have inherited some of my old students from Sec 2 Sincerity. It's nice to see a few familiar faces. :)
As I got my class to get to know each other better, I found myself reflecting on how each of them could be feeling inside. Was it the new year, or was it that they came from different classes and was trying to get accustomed to unfamliar faces and surroundings.
Change - whoever said it was easy? It must have not been easy for some to move to a new class where faces are not that familiar, and the task of getting to know "strangers" begin all over again. New teachers, new subjects, new classmates... It must be overwhelming for some.
Change for us adults isn't as easy too. As a teacher, I'm also grappling with new challenges that face me daily - new responsibilities and doing things I am not accustomed to. Sometimes, these new challenges go against the flow of things that have been done before. And I have to psyche myself to carry on in this journey as I know only then will I be able to mould myself better, stretch my potential and in short, grow.
I once told someone - Life is a learning journey. Everything that comes by our way, no matter how small teaches us something, even setbacks. Yes, even if we're having a hard day, that in itself is a learning experience.
Let's ask ourselves daily - what have I learnt today?
No comments:
Post a Comment