I've been hit by the cold bug, and I think my kids are either very happy that I'm not there to teach them, or sad that they have some other boring relief teacher to. :P
Well, I've been fighting the virus since last week, and I guess the additional pressure of some VIP coming over tomorrow to observe my class doesn't help. And so, after being down on Monday, I'm down again with the "haaaahhh choooooo!". Yes, I'm a germ-spreader.
But I'm so proud of my 2 Unity kids, who are so conscientious about making the lesson tomorrow work, that they decided to call me to find out exactly what they should do. And so, all dizzy eyed, I briefed them.. "Are you really sick, Miss Chew?" asked one of them after realising that I'm still working at home to finalise the lesson for tomorrow despite the medicine that's making me all drowsy.
Yes, I've not been well lately and I wonder why. My resistance level seem to have dropped over the years. I remember being able to stay in my cold office at 18 degrees celcius in NUS and not feel cold at all. Now, I shiver and sneeze when it gets too cold. Time to balance the ying yang!
I had a good chat over the msn with one of my NIE mates just two days back. We talked about school, about our kids, about bureaucracies, about future plans, and future partners! She loved my previous blog entry, and told me it was a good one. Thanks for your encouragement, D, for pushing me to pick up more starfishes and throw them into the sea! I guess sometimes, some people don't appreciate or see the effort we're putting in to save these starfishes. Sure, we're not perfect, and we may have to throw the same starfish back into the sea over and over again. But we know what we're doing it for, and we know our conscience is clear. And if it saves starfishes, really, it's all that matters.
My brother was just over the msn with me, and though we're in our 30s, we really are children at heart. We recall our school days once in a while, of how we would smuggle food into the study room so we could eat them without our dad knowing, or of how we used to eat the "pie porridge" my mum used to cook. We joke that it taught us fractions! Remembering our childhood doesn't make us childish. It makes us realise how far we've moved on. And sharing it doesn't make us any weaker. It makes us realise we were strong then. And we can be stronger now.
So don't forget to be a child sometimes. My brother says being a child is good.. He quotes from the bible, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment