22 July 2005

Unity does it again!

This blog entry is dedicated to Sec 2 Unity - yes, you've done it again!

Thanks for today's immaculate performance, for participating, and rising to the occasion when the moment arrived. I smiled when Sam raised his hands to ask a question. Or even when Jason asked a simple question like, "Where did you get the money from, ah?" That put smiles on our visitors' faces.

You see, all of you have the potential. All of you can be up there in the top class. Even our VIP asked if you were the top class. I guess he was pleasantly surprised when I said you were not. And he wasn't the only one asking if you were the top class. You made us all very proud of you, because to us it meant that you need not be in the top class to be good. You can be good where you are. And that motivates us teachers to want to persevere, because we've been encouraged.

Justin - I must say you did a fabulous job! A few teachers came up to me after that, asking about you. Look out for more opportunities to show your talent and strength! :)

I must also commend the panel of speakers - Weiqi, Bryan, Rachel, Maryse and Jackson. I know it's not easy being placed in the hot seat, to be asked question. But you took up the challenge and worked hard to making the lesson work. You put in the effort to read the long articles, to do the research, to rehearse, and to perfect it all. Thanks for calling me up yesterday after school just to make sure you all knew what to do today, and for coming in early today. I hope you had fun doing all the research as much as the class had fun asking all the questions!

Sec 2 Unity - you are a special class, and don't let anyone let you think otherwise. Remember that if you can rise up to the occasion and do so exceptionally well for this lesson today, you can also do equally well in every aspect of your life. It's just putting your mind to it. Believe you can achieve great things and you will. Because when you do, all your actions lead you towards that goal. All of you wanted the lesson to be perfect, and that's why you put in your best effort. Want that perfectionism in the other parts of your life. You'd find yourself directiong your actions to working towards perfect in no time.

Don't give up when difficulties face you, because you've just proven that you've got what it takes to make it all happen despite the odds.

:)

No comments: