My ex-student Alfred dropped me an sms past midnight. It read "Go check your email Miss Chewie". He's been calling me that for as long as I remember. I didn't check it til this morning and it pointed me to a hyperlink to a blog entry.
Not that it was sad, but it touched me at a point in my life whereby I am questioned of my capability, of "not coping" and "being very absent from school". I for a moment kept wondering if it were really true that "my heart is not with the kids". And I thought I had lost my focus of what I had wanted to do deep in my heart years back.
I think God sent Alfred to write that blog entry for a reason. I think God knew that this would be a bad time for me, and only he knew the perfect way to bring my spirits up again. What he wrote reminded me of my mission of throwing starfishes into the sea. And although all may not see how many I've thrown (who's keeping count anyway?!), I know that I've made a difference to at least one.
To Alfred - thanks for the entry. It has encouraged me to pick myself up, and to realise that I may be at a point of a burn out - and that it's not about me or my capability that measures, but who I am and how I can touch others in my own way.
I guess that's me and I'm pretty at peace with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment