It was almost getting to be a bad day in school as my computer crashed on me and was pronounced officially dead. The work I was working on halfway was lost and almost all my documents in the hard drive of the laptop. Still I was thankful that most of my files were stored in my external hard drive.
I met up with Wendy in the evening at the Conrad. She had a room night booked at the hotel as she was having her company D&D tonight, and her wedding anniversary tomorrow. I decided to bunk in with her for the night since she'd be alone. I could take the opportunity of having a really nice room to work in while she went for dinner too.
I was getting hungry and was craving for my favourite Starbucks All Original Bagel, and decided to take a walk to Millenia Walk. After dropping by Candy Empire to pick up a pack of chips and chocolate chip cookies - fuel to burn the midnight oil - I headed to Starbucks in all excitedness to pick up my warm toasted bagel.. But when I went there, I was disappointed to learn that it had sold out. The man at the counter was apologetic and offered other savouries, but none could satisfy the craving for the bagel.
I told the man I was craving for it and was kinda disappointed not to have it but it's ok.. I'll probably walk around to pick up something else. As I walked away, I remembered I needed to pick up a warm drink to keep me warm in the freezing cold room. I walked back and asked for my usual Hot Cocoa with Skim Milk. Just as I was choosing the size I wanted, the man at the counter smiled and told me he'd make me a big cup - just what I had in mind. When I took out money to pay for it, he waved it away and smiled, "It's OK. It's on us." I was sincerely surprised and asked why. "Oh, it's to make up for not being able to give you the bagel you wanted."
In all my years, I don't think I've come across such wonderful hospitality, and I must say I was so proud I'm a consumer of Starbucks products! For such a company that empower its staff to brighten their customers' day with such a surprise, well, i must say I AM impressed.
Talk about customer service - we sure can learn from this Starbucks experience! A little gesture goes a long way!
As for me - hot chocolate never tasted so good. I feel pampered in some way...
Thanks, Starbucks, my favourite coffee joint... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment