It's been a while since I had a full meal with my mum and friends. My mum cooked a big feast last night and invited Wendy over. Scrumptious!!! But I think we all overate. No good.. too much of such things is bad for the body.
Anyway, I enjoyed my walk and talk with Wendy after dinner. We decided to walk to Loyang Point just to feel less uncomfortable after eating so much. As we walked, I think we both had an enjoyable time trying to come up with the tune and lyrics of the next National Day song! I was telling her that this year, there isn't a new one, and that how National Day songs have evolved. I remember singing cheesy tunes like "There are five stars arising out of the stormy sea..!" Now, the songs are so much more inspirational. We have indeed improved!
When we walked back home, the breeze at Pasir Ris was just too good to waste. So both of us sat at the void deck of my block, and spoke til past midnight. We talked about everything. What I've been experiencing, what she's been experiencing, how we've moved on. It was heartening just reminiscing about the past.
I've been trying to contact Max for the longest time. Wendy and I wondered what ever happened to him. At the back of my head, I was wondering if he did ever keep his promise to me to keep the frienship. Looking back at my archives, I am proud to say that I've moved on. I've flipped the pages. I've started a new book. I wonder if he has.
Things change, and in a large way, I am thankful for the Big Guy above for showing me the way to walk. I'm thankful that despite not knowing what was in store for me some nine months back, I trusted that the decision made was for a reason. I didn't know what the reason was back then. But I chose to trust that He knows what's best for me.
I've walked and walked. I've not turned back since. If I do, it's only to check if my friend for 12 years is still OK. He promised, but I wonder if he'd keep it. If he doesn't, so be it. It's perhaps for a reason. Sure, I'd feel sad having lost a friend. But I guess things like these take time. On my part, I've left the door open. It's up to him if he wants to enter it.
In the meantime, I'm kept busy with my goal in mind. It's been a while since I started doing things not because of someone else, but because of me. It's my dream, and I want it.
Now, I'm working hard to fulfill my dream!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment