02 August 2004

I'm sick....

My throat hurts. I'm coming down with a fever. I've got ulcers in my mouth. And I've lost my appetite. This morning I came down with a slight sniffle. It doesn't help that I've got books to mark and more oral exams to conduct. I've got to stay back late almost every day for some reason or other. Nights are left for lesson planning and preparation of teaching materials. Arghhh... I need a break!

And just when I was so looking forward to the National Day weekend, I have to come down with a flu? NO!!! I am determined to be well for the hols. But alas, the body is not co-operating. My whole body aches... yes, the first signs of a flu. The flu bug is going around in the staff room. Probably that's why teachers are taking turns to fall sick.

I don't like being sick. But I am. No good.

No comments: