It sure has been a busy week. So much so that I hadn't realise that I haven't been blogging for a while. For those of you who have been faithfully reading my blog, my deepest apologies.
For one, I have been busy preparing my kids for the end of year English exams. That meant extra remedial, extra marking, extra worksheets and notes. I had to make sure that my Sec 2 kids wouldn't fail their English, especially since this is their streaming year. Failing would mean they would be transferred to the Normal Acad stream. None of them want that. Neither do I.
I cannot deny the fact that the paper I had set was a killer paper. But it was good training for them. It was a paper that distinguised between those who are weaker at the language, and those who are better.
I have begun to mark a few scripts and though I am disheartened by the amount of crosses and red marks on the papers, I have a strong feeling they'll pull through somehow.
To my Sec Two kids, don't worry too much about the paper, okay? Concentrate on your other subjects now, and make sure you score for these!
I'd be tied up most of this week invigilating and doing up some report for some SEM workshop this Saturday. At the back of my head, I'm wondering how I'm going to get all those piles of marking done with me being away at the exam hall almost the whole day (and afternoon too, mind you!).
Alright - the truth sets in. I have to go back to my marking now... Tomorrow, I'd be meeting up with Pris and Lee Yee to celebrate their birthdays with them at Gelare... yes, it's Tuesday.. Half priced waffles and ice-cream!!! Yum.... :)
Starfish marking now...
No comments:
Post a Comment