12 October 2004

Time Fulfilled

Yesterday was a fulfilling day. Somehow, I like my day packed. It's like maximising the limited time I have. Taking stock...
  1. 7am - checked emails, got things printed out, replied to email
  2. 7.40am - had a good long conversation with a friend on the phone. Managed to get lots of things sorted out.
  3. 8.30am - started marking the comprehension exam scripts I took over from a fellow teacher.
  4. 8.40am - invigilated a Literature paper for an hour
  5. 10.30am - scooted off early from school to get to the polyclinic cos the congestion in the chest still didn't go away.
  6. 11.15am - continued marking while waiting an hour plus for the doctor - managed to clear the cloze passage and half of the compre questions from the first passage.
  7. 12.45pm - doc told me I was stressed and told me to rest, do light exercise (read walk... am I getting old or what!!?)
  8. 1.00pm - took a bus and MRT to HarbourFront. Silly me missed the Outram stop to change to the NEL. Had to take the train back from Redhill.
  9. 2.20pm - plonked myself at Starbucks for three good hours with a grande cup of hot cocoa and chocolate biscotti to finish up the rest of the marking.
  10. 5.10pm - finished all the marking... all 40 scripts, with marks all tabulated!
  11. 5.25pm - replied an SMS to a friend and decided to treat myself with window shopping... OK, shopping. I got myself a good bargain at Fila.
  12. 6.30pm - went swimming for an hour... after all, the doctor did say I needed light exercise, right?
  13. 8.00pm - met a friend for dinner followed by a discussion of sorts
  14. 9.40pm - made my way back home.. well, did a little detour so ended up home later than I should! :)
  15. 11.00pm - home. Plugged in my laptop, checked more emails, did some work.
  16. 11.30pm - called a close friend, and had a good conversation with her til...
  17. 1.30am - sleep!

The morning began again today at 5am. I'm feeling happy. I have a mission today. I must finish one stack of marking. Tomorrow, I have another. I want to be red-pen free by Thursday!

:)

No comments: