My students will probably be wondering if it's a common thing for me to fall sick over the weekend, since that has been the trend. I fell sick last weekend, and again this weekend. My throat has been giving me problems.
The doctor told me last week to not exert my throat too much. He said it's inflamed and threw me a dose of antibiotics to clear up the congestion in the lungs and some pills to reduce the swelling in the throat. I guess it worked as I took 3 days off. But when I got back to school on Thursday with a full day of teaching and shouting at noisy kids, it took a toll on my throat again.
On Sunday, my throat felt like it had a nail stuck in it. Each time I tried to swallow something, it hurt. I felt feverish and wished it would go away come Monday morning, but it didn't.
The doctor examined my throat again and was shocked at the state it was in. She told me it was inflamed and very very very red. She told me not to cough even if I wanted to or my throat would go even worse. She then sent me off with 2 days' MC and a whole lot of medication to clear the throat and reduce the swelling.
I rested most of yesterday since the medication made me drowsy and woke up this morning feeling less of a nail in my throat but more of a desert. It felt dry and hoarse and really, that didn't help in preventing me from coughing. I've been downing lozenges and loads of chrysanthemum tea. The fever has subsided and I'm feeling a little better, but the thought of going back to school tomorrow to continue with the shouting makes my throat retract back and hope it doesn't have to say a word.
But, I have to and I'm hoping my kids will be more co-operative with me tomorrow.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment