26 January 2007

Sick for a week

I think the last time I fell so ill was when I was hit by viral fever during the SARS period. I remember staying at the CDC for 10 days, followed by another 20 days at home as I came down with a bad flu. One months' MC.

This time, the sickness came in a wave. First, I was hit by a bad throat, followed by a bad cold, then a bad cough. Then it all came together, and now my body and head aches and all I can think about is how much lessons I've missed with my kids.

I'm honestly worried that they can't catch up. I hope they do the work I've assigned to them properly so they will be better prepared for the test. Come Monday, I will receive all 82 scripts and I hope I will be well enough to have the energy to quickly mark it all and return it to them before the test.

Then I have to prepare for LCE lesson for the whole level next week. Plus project work. It doesn't rain, I guess; it pours.

I know Uncle Joel will be wagging his finger at me to tell me that I've been working myself too hard and that's why my body's reacting by shutting down. I can't help it. I feel like I've got to run in this marathon. I've chosen this race, and I have to run; I can't just walk.

I guess worrying doesn't help me get better faster either. I wake up in the middle of the night worrying. I push myself up at 5am every morning as well, trying to psych myself for school. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Then I curl myself up in frustration when I realise it's no point fighting. The body is really really shouting to rest.

My doctor doesn't understand the prolonged flu as well. She's worried and tells me if I don't recover by Monday, she'll have to refer me to the hospital. Even she got scared by the amount of medication I'm taking now! Well, I do hope I can recover by tomorrow!

My brother told me my kids made me a card - thanks guys, so sweet of you. Thanks for caring and the tags you've been putting on my tagboard. Thanks for the prayers too! I hope you all will study hard, and do your best for the assignment, ok? Put in your best effort!

I hope when I next blog, I'd be ay-okay.. :)

No comments: