Tomorrow, it's back to school. The one-week break has ended, and like Cinderella, I feel like the fairy tale is over. Pass over the glass slippers and the pumkin chariot. It's back to bare feet and taking of the trusty old SBS bus? Whatever...
In a way, I feel that the hols were too short. For one, I felt cheated of it cos I spent most of it back at school either for some meeting or marking, not to mention more marking back home. Don't get me wrong. I still do enjoy teaching. It's just that sometimes, I feel that I need a break - a well-deserved break.
Well, as a consolation, the coming term will be really short. Two weeks, and it's the school end-of-year exams. There's not much rocket-science lesson plans that I have to think about. It's basically revision for the kids. Revision, and more revision. Which means marking, and more marking!!
Thanks Uncle J for your advice again. (Kids - notice: Advice is a noun, spelt with a "c". Advise is a verb, spelt with an "s") As always, I can count on you to give me another perspective of things. And I appreciate that in every way, really... :)
Watched Man on Fire on Friday night. Cool show! You can never go wrong with a Denzel Washington show. Gory, full of blood, disturbing but true. It grapples with morals - are the acts of revenge right or wrong? It's been a while since I caught a good show like this one. Certainly was a treat for myself over the hols... :)
Now, it's back to reality (ie marking). Is there a better way to do this?
Oh, just found out from a friend that she chanced upon my blog and liked it so much she read even all the archives! Well, welcome to my world, my friend... now you know part of my history!
No comments:
Post a Comment