The teacher's day celebration went well... Yes, my first ever teacher's day! I was touched by my kids that wrote me nice cards (thanks, Rebecca! I was really touched by your note... and Desiree too... love the starfish!)... And Wanping and Limin.. love the pink star pillow.. Huimin - thanks for the door sign.. It's hanging on my room door now! And Justin, Sebastian, Maryse, Rachel and Joanna... You just made me a few kilos heavier with those cookies and chocolates! Thanks, guys... And Phyllis - love the cute teddy bear that's sitting on my desk... And all of you who sent me your wishes and other gifts... thank you so much! :) Oh, and my Sec 2 class - yes, I read the note on the wall at the cafe space.. so sweet of you.. really appreciate all your nice words!
And though I still had to finish marking so I could key in all the test marks, and then make my way all the way down to NIE just to return my convo gown, I felt it was a fruitful day. I visited four of my NIE lecturers - Raymond, Alex, Rebecca and Anthony Seow. Managed to speak briefly with Raymond and Alex. Had a good chat with Anthony Seow, but didn't manage to meet Rebecca. She sent me an email though, thanking me for the chocolates I left at her door. :) Yes, my mentor and inspiration... I want to be a teacher like her.
Rebecca taught me my counselling module. She got me so interested in it, I was reading up books on my own just to find out more! Of course, it helped that I scored a distinction for her paper, so I love the module even more! Ha!
Yesterday ended with a sumtuous dinner with teacher uncle, teacher brother, mum, aunt, grand-aunt and grand-uncle at Fish & Co. Yummy, but I think it set me back some mega more calories which I figured needed burning.. Burn I did this morning with a good swim, and just, an evening jog with Wendy. Happy...
I'm glad I refused to pull myself to work today, and decided to spend time doing my stuff. I think I was quite productive, but I wished I could have done more. Met up with Lee Yee too, and got myself another insurance policy through her. Don't ask me what I bought! I just signed and signed... She knows everything so I left it to her to plan everything... All I know is that I'd have less to spend from now on! Bring on the bonus my dear government!! I so need it!!
Oh yes, I've posted a convocation picture of Addie, Chen Ying, Pam and I on the blog... I wonder how we'd look like some 5 years later... I think I looked quite OK in the picture, considering I had not slept the whole night!
Yes, I can't wait for the hols to start, although I've got a whole day on Saturday in school - how to rest? how to have 5-day work week? a real challenge, really...
Checking out to dreamland now....
No comments:
Post a Comment