16 January 2004

A Challenge

A challenge faces me
Am I to take the plunge?
To seize the day
To shout Carpe Diem
Will I take the jump?

I have lived my life
Worrying not about "what ifs"
This time should not be different
Why should I pull myself back?
Why should I give this a miss?

And so I ask myself
What is there to lose
If I should take the chance once more
I could stand to gain this time
And not lose like before

Sure I have had my share
Of tears and hurts and pain
It is not something
I'd like to feel once more
It is not something I'd like to feel again

But I will not experience life to its fullest
I will not stand to gain
If I keep pushing away opportunities at the door
Out of sheer fear
Of what had happened before

And as I gather all the courage that I've left
I take a deep breath of renewed confidence
I put all that has happened behind me
And start with a clean slate
I open my fragile heart once more
With freshly healed wounds
I brave myself to be vulnerable again
So that I may
Experience
The fullness
of
LIFE
and
LOVE

Deborah Anne Chew

No comments: