20 January 2004

Thanks for the poem

The poem that Pris wrote made me realise that I am not the only one who feel lonely and heavy hearted sometimes. I am sure all of you have felt like that some time or other in your part of your life. The poem also brings me back to my secondary school days, when Pris and I would pen down our thoughts and feelings in stanzas, trying to make things rhyme. We told ourselves that we'd compile a book of poems some time soon. When we left school, I stopped the poem-writing. I guess Pris continued. Now, she's got me going again.

I skipped my Spanish class proudly yesterday. Didn't even feel a sense of guilt. I was psychologically unprepared, and so, I decided not to go. I felt happy that I had saved myself the trauma of feeling small and like an idiot again. Yesterday during English class, I had successfully memorised the numbers one to ten in Spanish. Slowly, but surely, I know I will get there...

Cake-baking continued last night at home. My mum watched with glee as I did the finishing touches of the sugee cake. I covered the cake with marzipan, and even made little mandarin oranges (complete with leaves) and red packets to be placed on top of the cake. My granduncle and grandaunt will be happy people today. They thoroughly enjoy the sugee cake I bake, and look forward to it every Chinese New Year. My mum has two loaves of the cake in the fridge. She looked pleased with her stash last night. I think in her head, she was mentally rationing the cake, thinking how much to eat per day so that there will be some left for guests when they come on Saturday.

Pris wrote me a beautiful email last night that brought me to tears. I was confused and needed someone to give me an objective point of view. As usual, she has never failed to provide that. What she wrote touched my heart, and set me thinking straight again. I feel much better now. I feel that I am moving on with life.

I start the day today with a lighter heart. With sincere prayers, I know things will show its way soon...

No comments: