My stomach hasn't been too well lately. Pain comes on and off, and I alternate between feeling perfectly fine one minute, and crouching in pain the next. The pain was excruciating last night before I slept, and so I curled myself up in my papasan chair and went to sleep, hoping the pain will go away. It didn't. This morning, I woke up feeling awful. The stomach still hurt, and I felt like vomiting. For a moment, I felt pregnant.
Still, I dragged myself to school, hoping that the pain will go away like it did on other days. But the pain still lingered on. I managed to pull through 4 hours of class before conceding defeat. I called my favourite doctor up to check if he'd be in. I was relieved to know he would be in. And so, after meeting Pam, Chen Ying and Debby to pass to them the English notes I photocopied for the class, I made my way to the clinic.
I waited for another hour or so before I could see Dr Ng. But it was worth the wait. I enjoy going to see Dr Ng each time I have a medical problem. He is so patient and nice, he makes you feel all so well almost immediately. He will take great pains to explain to you why such and such happens, and will throw out to you all the possible scenario of the symptom you're experiencing. He'd even whip up his picture book so you'd have a better visual understanding of what's going on in your internal system.
And so Dr Ng explained and explained, asked questions, explained again, and told me what he would do.. Check my stomach, listen to it, and the rest of the procedures which I refuse to elaborate here. :P In all, he spent close to an hour with me in the room. He told me he would be leaving the clinic soon. He'd be going to SGH, specialising in plastic surgery. He left me his email address so that should I need to consult him in the future, I can contact him. The he went through my whole file and checked every single past ailment to check if I was OK. He even paused to tell me a joke! He ended off the session telling me to take care, and eat a guava a day.
I felt bad I took up so much of Dr Ng's time, and I pitied whoever was after me. That person must have been cursing under his breath!
With a bagful of pills and medication, I dragged myself home. The medication was supposed to help me purge, so my stomach will feel better. I have yet to purge. I keep eating, but nothing happens. The pain has lessened, and I am on MC tomorrow. Life feels good.. :)
Tomorrow, I will take the day off. I will psych myself back to the study mode. I will be less stressed about Spanish, and think a way out of it. My doctor asked me today if I was stressed. I said "no", but at the back of my head, I think I was stressed with Spanish class.
Hopefully, my tum tum will feel better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment