Finally, I found out what happened to make my comments facility disappear. Apparently, the Blogspeak that I've been using has closed down, and has been takem over by Haloscan... and so, all the past comments which you all posted have disappeared. The good news is that you all can post your comments once again. The bad news is that the colour is not that attractive, and I have no control over it.. Oh well, as they say in Hokkien.. "No fish, prawn also can".
I don't believe school has started for a week already. I am still in a holiday mood. In stark contrast to last semester, I feel so switched off this semester. Perhaps it's cos I haven't really got over the holidays yet, and in my mind, I'm thinking - hey Chinese New Year's just around the corner.. then it's Hari Raya Haji! Holidays, holidays, holidays.. Or it's perhaps I have gotten used to the work load, or perhaps, I feel I don't have to prove myself so hard anymore... or perhaps, I just have other things on my mind.
I had a good dinner over the weekend with Pris, Lee Yee and Gary. Gary's my junior at St Hilda's. We went over to Pris's place and had hor fun, hokkien mee, satay, sweet and sour pork, and baby kailan soaked in oyster sauce... Of course, there was nachos too! It was good just lazing about in her home and playing with baby Keith. Over the weekend, Pris and I have learnt the art of speaking "babynish" - otherwise known as baby language. Keith was all so excited with his eyes bright open at 11pm, talking to us in his own language. He went on louder and louder as Pris and I entertained him with.. "Is it?" "And then?" "Oh..." "Is that what happened?" "ngah.. ngah.. ngah,.." "oooh..." "Yah.. yah.." You get the idea... Gary couldnt' do anything much except tolerate all the cooing three women were doing with a cute baby. He rolled his eyes and shook his head... I guess in his mind, he must have said.. "Women...!"
Roy was away for a dive trip, and so Pris was all alone. It was good for the side dishes to come back to the main platter. Mushy peas over the weekend with fries as fish was away. But it all tasted just as good... right, Pris? ;-) Now that Pris is staying closer to Lee Yee and I, meeting up is just so convenient - just all swell! I really missed them when I was in Sydney...
As I am typing on this blog, I am torn in between helping my mum make pineapple tarts, blogging, filling up some entry form, and of course, revising Spanish. Yes, I dread the lesson now. In my mind, I have pictures of my tutor asking me questions, and I answer with a blank face. In my head, the pictures continue with the rest of my coursemates knowing everything in Spanish. In my head, I feel like an idiot. I know if Uncle Joel was around, he'll tell me to use NLP. The power of visualising.... I should push out all of those negative thoughts out of my head. I should make active all the positive thoughts.. OK, Deborah.. Think positive!!! Trying... Breathe...
And so, the tension continues as I decide what to do, and yes, I remember that Law & Order is on in about 4 minutes time. The temptation of the TV is too great. I give in to it. For tomorrow's lesson, I shall learn the all important phrase in Spanish - lo ciento. me no entiendo... "I'm sorry, I don't understand." :)
Hope you have a good week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment