Tomorrow, I will go to school in my junior college uniform. It has been 12 years since I wore that. I had to get Wendy's husband's nephew's friend to loan it to me. Thankfully, I could squeeze into it... My heart sank when Wendy said, "I hope you can wear it.. the girl looks petite."
Well, petite is something I am not associated with! Mum's kindly pressing the uniform straight for me now... I can't imagine how I'd look like tomorrow! Anyway, it's all in the name of fun as part of the HIHS Youth Day celebration, so I shall just humour my kids tomorrow! Oh - did I mention the kids get to come in their home clothes?!!
I planned to go down to school today to mark, but a sore throat in the morning made me stay at home. I could feel myself coming down with a flu. And so, I boiled a big pot of cooling tea, and downed the black broth hourly. But the throat is still sore, and my eyes slightly swollen. I really wasn't looking forward to the dinner at Long Bar Steak House with my Raffles Hotel friends, but I couldn't bring myself to cancel it either.
I felt tired the whole day. I must have taken at least three naps in between, but I couldn't sleep well. Even in my dreams, I was thinking about lesson plans!
I'm glad I've got at least one worksheet churned out for tomorrow's lesson, and I know what I'm supposed to do for Wednesday's lesson. It's just a matter of getting the worksheets all done up...
Just got back from dinner not too long ago. Food at the Long Bar Steakhouse wasn't that bad. It's just that with the open kitchen, I left the place smelling like steak. Hmmmm...
I'd better get to bed now. Tomorrow will be a long day with my kids again. Have to get my drama kids prepared for the upcoming school concert. And there's yet more to mark, more lesson plans, and more worksheets!
Happy Youth Day! Chuppa chops for my kids tomorrow!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment