I've been hit by the cold bug that got me sniffing since last Friday. Maybe I was just allergic to work.. Ha..
I've got a pile of things to do for school, but somehow, I'm less than motivated to get started. Perhaps it's the holiday "nua-ness" that's kicking in. Doesn't help with my brother at home being equally "nua".
Today, I got up, switched on my PC, and the fitness magazine automatic wallpaper changer gave me this message: The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. - John Pierpont Morgan
Which brought me to reflect on life and the difficulties some of my friends are facing right now. I wondered where I got my never-say-die attitude from. Perhaps, I've learnt how to cut the threads, to be less hard on myself, to stop blaming the world, but to decide that whatever comes my way, I'm just charging forward towards my goal. I remember the old adage : "If life brings you lemons, make lemonade."
I'm a determined fruit juicer now!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment