Ah yes. I admit it. I've been neglecting this little child of mine. It's just that so many things have been put on my platter, I've for a moment pushed aside this side dish of mine.
But sometimes, too much of the main dish is too much to bear. And so, today, I've decided to return to my side dish, and seek a little consolation in the haven of my blog.
I hadn't really noticed til a friend of mine asked me - "So, you haven't been in a relationship since your last one six years back?" Wow - six years has just flown past, and now, he's going to get married to the girl that stole his heart from me next month.
Whilst the pain was immense when that happened, I'm glad it did. I don't think I'd ever be doing what I'm doing now, or be the person I am now if I were still with him. It made me think that sometimes, life brings you hard knocks so you know how to be resilient.
Sure, it's painful to always be at the losing end, when someone you love so dearly walks out on you, and even more so to someone else. For a long while, I felt it was my fault. I blamed myself. But after a while, I decided to walk out of it. Along the way, God planted people who showed me in more ways than one that I was far more worthy than the love I would have gotten if I were with him.
I've moved on since.
A few of my friends were left single somehow this year. People walked out on them. They were left alone. And as I hear and see their tears of hurt, of a yearning wishing that it didn't happen, I am reminded of my past. I empathise with them, but at the same time, I'd encourage them to move on. It's not good sitting in a pool of pity when you can move on and take flight.
I remember what Max said when Adrian left me. "Now you're free."
Yes, I appreciate that freedom now. A freedom to develop myself the way I should. A freedom to grow, a freedom to share my love and time to whoever I want. And a freedom to choose to love someone else who is worthy of my love.
And whilst I wait for that someone else to love, I enjoy life's experiences. I see it all as a journey to mould me into that someone I can be and should be.
We can't run away from the hurt, or what faces us always. Be brave. Face it. You'd get over it. And one day, you'll turn back like me, and appreciate all that had happened. Because you will never be the person you ought to be, if you had walked any other way.
To the two of my friends - you know who you are - take heart. I mean it when I say I see lots of potential in you. This is your freedom. This is the time for you to take flight. This is your opportunity. Seize it. Some things in life only come once.
And as you embark in your new journey, take heart and know that there's lots of people around you are supportive of you. And yes, that includes me.
Go on, move on. You'd do just fine.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment