Sometimes, life brings you humbling experiences
So you learn to appreciate what you have.
Sometimes, life brings you hard knocks
Just to keep you in check.
Sometimes, life brings you the unexpected
So that you'd be surprised.
Sometimes, life brings you treasures
But not always wrapped in gold.
But life always brings you lessons
You will always need to grow.
Something happened to me last night, and though I feel pretty uncomfortable with the fact that I have been misunderstood, nevertheless, it has kept me in check once again. It has brought me to reflect the things I have been doing. Humilty. I've to keep that in mind. That amidst the responsibilities, that I don't get too big for my shoes, that I don't be self-centred, that I look upon myself as no greater than any other, that I have lessons to learn, to share and to discover. Each of us have our own talents. But this does not mean that I am better in any way to any one else less that one talent. What one lacks, one makes up with another.
Philosophical?
I've only had half an hours' sleep since last night, or the day before, to be more accurate. I'm supposed to be sleeping, but there's too much on my mind now. Until I get that misuderstanding cleared, I don't think I'd be able to rest in bed with a clean conscience tonight. It's not a matter of who's right or wrong. It's a matter of learning to know each other's personalities better so as to better understand what's being said and the intentions attached to them.
Sometimes, I wish life didn't have to be so complicated. Like I tell everyone else - I am but a janitor.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment