16 December 2003

Cinnamon and Ribbons

Yesterday, Priscilla came over to my place to help tie ribbons of the cinnamon sticks which will be stuck onto the booklets. We tied 90 sticks in all. Will need to go out today to get the remaining 60 sticks. The sticks are all nicely laid out in my room, looking pretty and ready to adorn the nice CD-sized booklets for Priscilla and Roy's wedding this Sunday. I can't wait! The room smells faintly of cinnamon... sweet and spicy - just like the couple. :)

The website's doing great. I finally did up the trial templates. The meeting on Sunday was really fruitful. Almost five hours of discussion has led us to expand the website further, and even exploring on the idea of creating modules of Catholic instruction which people can download, and even making it user-friendly such that even the blind can access the web. I left the meeting feeling good. This is what I call a sense of fulfilment that no money can buy.

The next few days will see me running around from place to place. Preparing for Pris and Roy's wedding, following up on the website, and preparing for Christmas. My calendar's all filled up. I almost forgot I am flying off to Sydney after Christmas! There seems to be so much left to do! But in a way, I like it all. Keeping busy fills my life with meaning. Maybe that's why some people never seem to stop and rest.

My brother has been so wonderful these days. Cheery, jovial, and caring in his own special way. Indeed, I feel so fortunate that I have a brother I can talk to and care for. When I was younger, I used to ask - why not a sister. I've always wanted an older sister... But as years pass, I'm glad I've got my brother. Yes, I do pamper him, but hey, he's so nice, how can I not??!!

This week's the third week of Advent. We lit the pink candle of the advent wreath. It represents Joy. Truly... with the wedding, and Christmas approaching, and looking forward to spending time with all my loved ones - I do feel a sense of Joy. I hope you feel the Joy of the season too...

:)

No comments: