I think Fr Heng and his novices' prayers are working. Yesterday was a productive day. Somehow, I managed to get everything for the website working. Even learnt new techniques, and played around with the designs. I am impressed by what I have done so far. My only reservation is whether or not they will like the new colour scheme which I have chosen. I used to use the sepia tones with shades of warm gray and deep red. Now, I kept the sepia tones, but have matched it with olive and deep green instead. A few pale yellow highlights here and there. Overall, I think it looks pretty neat. Now, I am motivated to do the rest of the pages. :)
Grace Wan came by yesterday to deliver my long-awaited birthday present from herself, the other Grace, Wendy, Priscilla and Lee Yee. She came by late at night, and delivered my present with a song and dance. She introduced herself as the "Singing Telegram", and did a Happy Belated Birthday song - Marilyn Monroe meets Para Para style - and yes, she did it all - with the raspy voice and coy dance routine at the void deck of my flat! The present came in a little genie bottle -a voucher for any dance class at Jitterbugs! Ah.. and I was just about to sign up for some Yogalates or Pilates class there. Now I can do it - all paid! Thanks, guys!! You guys really kept me in suspense and wondering for a long tim! Happy, happy Deb... :)
Sent an SMS to Max yesterday - that man lost his handphone - and all the numbers in it... He replied my SMS with "Is this Deb? Lost my handphone and all the numbers are gone..." I guess I am one of the few lucky people who can remember numbers like that - photographic memory. I have all my bank account numbers in my head... and some credit card ones too. I also have all my home numbers for all the houses I've stayed before! I think if I train hard enough, I may just be able to break some record in the Guiness Book of World Records.
My cooking skills are coming back. I managed to whip up a full meal in less than an hour for my brother yesterday. Thai Spiced Chicken with Potatoes, Ma Po Tou Fu and broccoli. I figured if I get married next time, I can easily whip up a nice home-cooked meal for my husband every day after work. Good... no need to eat MSG-laden hawker food.
The sun is shining brightly today. Maybe I'd go for a swim to give myself a treat since I've been a good girl doing the website yesterday (although I won't say much about the bag of Ruffles I downed while doing it... and the blueberry cake, and the chicken pie...). Or maybe I'd just stay at home and do the web...
Thanks, Uncle Joel for the e-card!
No comments:
Post a Comment