It sure has been a fulfilling day! Got up early with barely 3 hours' of sleep and started on my design project. Was glad that I managed to rush it out in time before I left for lunch with Su Ching at NUS. It sure has been a while since I took the NUS route from Pasir Ris to Clementi and boarded the trusty old 96..
Lunch with Su Ching brought us to Margaritas. They serve really good Mexican food there. The owner of the place is a bao gao liao guy who serves at every table, recommends food, and tells the chef how to cook it. We hardly saw the menu cos he just whipped up something special for us right there and there... For appetisers, we had grilled musrooms topped with some garlic cream sauce... Awesome! Then, for the maincourse, he gave us corn-fed cat fish, which he claims comes from the US, that was crusted, baked and topped with spinach and mozarella cheese... Heavenly! I just love the soft texture of the cheese going together with fish that was crispy on the outside, but tender and soft in the inside. And they are all so famous for the honey lemon drink too.. He even asks you if you want it hot or cold.. How thoughtful!
Caught up with loads of things with Su Ching over lunch. She filled me in with the latest in her life as well, frustrations she's facing as Vice-Dean of the School of Public Policy, and more. At the end of lunch, I could see she felt better venting out all the pent up frustrations. I guess she used to be able to do that when I was working there... Now, she's keeping it all to herself.
Caught up with Agnes too. She used to be a teacher! She's still as funny and bubbly as ever! So glad to be able to fill her in with the latest happenings in my life. She's really happy for me, and keeping her fingers crossed too! Ha ha.. Yes, Miss Tan.. I'll keep you in the loop of things! :)
Then off I left for town to meet up with Justin. After the meeting, I was glad that I plucked up the courage to speak to him about pursuing his interest in music. I guess at the end of the day, if he decides not to pursue his singing, I know I have touched a life in some way, and that makes me happy. I'd love to see that spark in his eyes one day. I'd love to see him smile, and say to himself, "Yes, this is my dream. This is what I've wanted all these while."
Finally back at home close to midnight, and I'm onto my design project again cos there's more changes to be made. My eyes are almost shut from the lack of sleep, but I'm too excited and happy to get to bed.
Just got this in my email message from the Fitness Magazine website, and I'd like to share it with you...
"It concerns us to know the purposes we seek in life, for then, like archers aiming at a definite mark, we shall be more likely to attain what we want.."
-- Aristotle.
Have you found what you want in your life?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment