Ha! I completely forgot I had the results for last semester to look forward to! So when Chen Ying told me it was online, I was like.. hmmm... what if I failed?!! For a long while, I was trying to recall what modules I took last semester! So much for learning, heh?
Here it is - 2As, 3Bs and a credit for practicum. Actually, all that mattered to me was the counselling module I took up as my elective and the practicum. Scored an A for counselling, so was overjoyed, and I kinda expected the credit for practicum... My sup was pushing me for distinction, and I was like... "no, no... don't want so many observations..!" Anyway, like one of my NIE classmates said - distinction or not also same pay, right?
I guess at the end of the day, what matters most is if I make an effective teacher. So what if I have strings of As, or that I had gotten a distinction? If my methods don't work on my kids, or if I am not an empathetic teacher, or if I don't relate well to my kids, that what's with all the As on that sheet of result slip, right?
With the holidays now, I have effectively switched off my "teacher mode", and have for a moment, forgotten my profession. I think I'd seriously need to rev up my ethusiasm in teaching again a week before school starts... I need to pass positive energy to my kids!
The destination of my journey keeps me focused,
But it is the route I take that teaches me life's most valuable lessons.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment