Wendy and I were having a late night conversation in Bangkok after our massage. She said, "Don't you think that a lot has already happened for this year for us?"
I couldn't quite agree more. In retrospect, I think loads had happened in all aspects of my life ever since the beginning of this year. It just occurred to me that it has been almost half a year since that conversation I had with Max that left me in tears. I've moved on, and flew. I've soared, and I'm aiming to fly higher. Like Wendy said, "He's missing out a lot in your life." That's OK... It's what he's chosen to do, and I've not lost anything in the process.
Practicum at HIHS has given me new insights to teaching. The 10 weeks had brought me new experiences, and it has shaped me to look at things from a different perspective. I've learnt to relate better to teenagers, something that I've always wanted to do as a step towards my goal. I've also learnt to understand my brother better, and the frustrations he's facing as a teacher.
But I think the greatest thing that made a difference in my life ever since February was what sparked after I decided to resend that email to a friend. Deciding to meet up after that has opened a whole new world for me, a world that I am currently passionate about, not only because of the potential I see in it, but because it has given me a new perspective of things. And what's more - because of it, I find myself connecting better with my friends and family and to new people. It has heightened my confidence, revved up my drive, and rejuvenated the spunky spirit I have been suppressing for a long time. It has challenged my preconceived ideas, confirmed my philosophies in life, and made me treasure more what I have been blessed with.
I never knew one solitary person could make such a big difference in another's life in such a short span of time, and that one can even create a ripple effect to others around. And so, I have learnt by example. I have begun to realise that my dream of doing something big isn't as impossible as it may seem as long as I have my heart in it. And the challenge is made even more exciting and comforting at the same time when I feel I have someone walking by my side, sharing the same vision, fulfilling the same goals. It's more than just being in a tag-team. It's almost like having found a soul mate.
I read somewhere that if you want to have your dream fulfilled, act as if it has already been fulfilled. That's almost what I'm doing now. It's kind of like pushing yourself to the limits and not holding yourself back. Why have limiting thoughts when you can have positive thoughts? Most of the time, fear sets me back, and I choose to stay in my comfort zone. But I've learnt that I can only do so much if I stay in my comfort zone - and that is why, I have decided to fly like an eagle, soar to great heights, and be the king of the skies. But I will not be flying alone. I will ensure that I make all around me eagles as well!
My friends, you know who you are - it's time to take flight. We all shouldn't just be hovering in the skies. We should be soaring now! Come fly with me now...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment