I am faced with piles of paper and grammar books, wondering how to do the dreaded PCE 513 assignment. Like may of my NIE classmates, I am absolutely clueless as to what is expected of me in this assignment.... what pedagogical theory are they talking about???!!! Process, Product, Skill... what's the difference? Definitions in the lecture notes don't tell me a single thing! They are as bad as the grammar rules that define grammar! Arghhhh!!!
And so, as I sit in front of my PC for the third consecutive day, I am still faced with a blank MS Word document. Well, almost. At least I had this typed out - "PCE 513 Assignment Part I".
As I shuttle between school and home these days, I wonder why I still have to do this dreaded assignment despite the fact that I'd already be teaching. Why do I need all these theories, and do a critique on the textbook? It doesn't help that my co-operating teacher told me today that she doesn't believe in using the textbook cos it really doesn't teach the students anything! Old news... We all know that.
But what's the use of quoting my CT as part of my essay to substantiate my argument, right? After all, we also need to redesign a lesson plan to teach grammar just cos the textbook doesn't teach anything! And to think our students pay for those textbooks? And those writers get paid? And we're doing all the work? Something's not right somewhere...
Alright. I should stop moaning and get started on something right now. Amidst blogging, msning, smsing, calculating kharma points and talking on the phone, I think I should get something done up by tomorrow... I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment