I admit it. I am anal. I couldn't live with the fact that the blog looks less than satisfactory. That the music did not come out at all, and that the photos come out as blank squares with little red crosses.
And so, amidst doing my research for my English lessons on harp seals, working on my dream project number two, and filing my notes, I rummaged through the website for blog skins and html codes to understand it all. And there did learning begin.
The new song that I uploaded was a midi file, and according to what I read, web browsers usually have problems reading this file... something along the lines that they are not able to recognise the file type. And so, that explains the silence...
As for the pictures, well, I'll load them up as and when there are new ones.. Think all of you are tired of looking at the same old pictures, ya? Gotta make better use of my digital camera!
And then, I decided to download this new blog skin cos I wanted something new and refreshing. Couldn't change the words that came with it cos it's part of the graphic file, but hey, I like the colours... soothing to the eyes, yah? Had to adjust the rest of the colours of the chatterbox and counter too to match the current colour theme... Learnt something new again!
I realise that the challenge to do websites get bigger with each step I take. The task gets more complicated and I see myself having to learn yet more things. But maybe I had forgotten that if I do take up the challenge, I'd be benefitting more in the end? I'd be learning more, able to do more, manifest my creativity more, and perhaps make real my dream of running a corporate communications company one day? A dream that I had pushed aside since I graduated?
I realise that challenges present itself in many forms each day. What we want to do with these challenges is up to us. But I have learnt to realise that things that really do matter, and things that I must learn in life will present itself to me over and over again, til one day I pluck up the courage to face it. It is only then that I learn and experience the fullness of life.
Each time I am faced with challenges in life, I remember what Pam told me when I was rollerblading with her and Chen Ying months back. I complained that the terrain we were blading on was not smooth. That it was rough, and full of holes. I told her I was sure to fall. But she told me, it's good that it's rough, Deb. Otherwise you'd be going too fast.
She probably didn't realise that what she said taught me something about life. Today,each time I rollerblade, I am reminded that in life, things are never always smooth sailing. I should be thankful of the little pot holes and rough terrain as I travel through the path of life. It is the resistance that the rough terrain offers that I am tested on my strength, my resilence, and my perseverance. Without it, I'd probably would have taken life for granted. It would have been too easy.
These days, when I blade, I head on for the rough terrain. It is a constant reminder to me to be thankful of the challenges that face me. Much as I subscribe to my little philosophy that "It is only in darkness that I will see light", I have also come up with another one "It is through difficulties that I know how strong I am".
Battered, bruised, cut, and hurt. But I am still standing with my head up high, stronger than ever.