08 March 2004

Where have I been?

Alright - I've been missing since Thursday. I've been neglecting blogging, and I felt guilty. So, in between lessons now in the staff room of HIHS, I'm doing what I have been neglecting to do...

Where have I been? I met up with Pris on Friday evening over chocolate cake and bagel at our usual coffee bean and tea leaf. We must have had loads to catch up on since we last met cos we were there til past midnight! It was great just talking and talking and talking, while Pris teased me on how different I was since our last meeting right at that same place. :) Oh well, I'm glad I've moved on since those times, Pris! I've put that old chapter behind, closed the book, stored it at the archive section in my life, and am now onto a clean page. The story I am writing now is filled with highs and an occasional low. But the fact that I know I am not living in my past and that I am now always looking forward to the sun peeping through the horizon gives me hope in what is to come. Nobody knows for certain if there'll be clear skies ahead. Not me. It's scary with the thought of uncertainty. But I am living for the moment, and enjoying every single minute of it while it lasts.

Saturday saw me out again - to NIE to hand in yet another assignment, then off to Kinokuniya for 3 solid hours as I ploughed through design books for inspiration and ideas.

Went for Mass early on Sunday, but the lack of sleep was getting into me. I met up with Wendy anyway. Followed her down to Swissotel Merchant Court where she was handling an executive programme. It was great meeting up with Ju again, and the banquet staff at the hotel - people I used to work with. I had wanted to stay til the rest of the lecturers from Harvard came, but my eyes decided to have a life of its own. Gravity began to pull the eyelids down... I grabbed a cab, and slept all the way home! The nice taxi driver said he was driving at a "cruising" speed (as he calls it) so that he won't wake me up.. How nice.. I always seem to meet nice cab drivers.. Oh, did I mention it was a Mercedez taxi?

Played around with more design work (I actually miss doing it having not done it for a while!) and tried to prepare for lessons for this week. At the same time, I spoke with wendy over the phone and msned Chris...

Finally went to sleep at 11.30pm, and woke up at 4.30am this morning...

A brand new day. A brand new week. I don't know what's to come, but I look forward to it. Today, I set my mind to look on the positives of each day, because I believe that there is always something good to celebrate everyday. I just have to look harder.

Here's wishing you have a good week ahead too!