I have finally put in the last words for my counseling assignment. It is probably the longest assignment I've done to date - a total of 21 pages, including three lesson plans as part of the group guidance proposal. And just when I thought I had it all done up, I realised that I have not made enough citations to make it an academic piece of art. So, here I am, back on the drawing board, scrutinizing line by line, to see where I can fit in researchers' names, just so my paper looks, well, more academic.
And so, my plan to start on my CPA assignment falls flat on my face. I have to do that tomorrow - I hope! I have to push on. I have to finish my counseling assignment by tonight! But I needed a break, so here I am, blogging while the soft piano sounds of Jim Brickman in the background make me feel all so peaceful...
I read an article in a magazine today. It was about that woman that played opposite Arnie in T3 (whatever her name is.) The point of the article was what she did to achieve her dream of acting in that show. The producers who auditioned her said she was too skinny to take the role, but she was resilient. She believed she could do it. It was her dream, and she wanted to fulfil that dream.
And so the article goes on to say how she fulfilled her dream. Her motto: "Believe in, and follow your dreams." Her five step formula that got her to her dream:
Step 1 Get support - from your family and friends.
Step 2 Pursue your passion - nothing is greater than a driving force that comes from within.
Step 3 Set specific goals - know what gets you to your dream, and achieve these little by little. Eventually, you'll get there.
Step 4 Work hard - don't expect the road to be easy.
Step 5 Be resilent - don't let anything stand in your way.
Simple steps, but I think it says a lot, and can be applied to our everyday lives. Step 5 especially struck me. I realised that I am my greatest obstacle to my goals. All the negative self-talk has to be changed to positive ones. And so what if I don't get it right the first time? I shouldn't let failure stand in my way. I should pick myself up again. I am my greatest challenge.
With this in mind, I think I should move back to my counseling assignment. Sure, I ploughed through books and websites to do my research over the last two weeks. And now, just as I thought I had it all done, I realise it's not good enough. What do I do? Push on, Deb. You're almost there. There is a pressure to excel in this paper. I can't help it. I have an affinity to it.
Be resilient, Deb. Yes, I know.... I will get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment