It started with a basic premise - that there's something in everyone that's worth believing in, worth sharing with, and worth investing in. It's a vision of sharing, caring, and bringing people from all walks of life together. It was a simple vision, and now, it is on its way to bigger things - and more to come. It all started with a simple guy, having a simple vision - just because he cared to think about the others around him, and see the potential in each and everyone around.
As I left my two hour meeting with him, I had a general idea of his vision, and what has been done so far. I was speechless and deep in thought. Whilst wondering how I could contribute to this vision, I wondered where he got his energy from. There was this zest of life, an overflow of enthusiasm that was almost infectious. He seemed tireless, and looked nothing like a guy who had barely four hours of sleep. He was hopping from meeting to meeting, and there wasn't a hint of tiredness in his eyes. Instead, they sparkled with excitement. Like a little child telling a vivid story, I listened as he poured out yet more ideas, complete with hand gestures and animated facial expressions. In short, the more I got to know him, the more he amazed me. But yet there was no hint of pride in him. Simple and humble, he thought nothing of what he was doing. He just focused on his vision, and used all he had to make his dream come true.
I came home thinking about the meeting I had with him. It was the first time meeting him, yet there was just something special about him that made me feel that he had just touched my life - probably even without even him knowing. I think he had started the engine of enthusiasm that was dead in me for a while. I came home after a long day feeling recharged and looking forward to the next meeting with him and a team of people to see how I can use my writing to touch yet more lives. I pulled out piles of files in front of me as I ambitiously attempt to finish one of my many NIE assignments tonight. I'll need all the time I can squeeze in now to see how I can contribute to this huge project. I foresee sleepless nights, dark eye rings and heavy eye bags. But sharing in someone's dream, and doing what I can for a good cause makes it all worthwhile.
It got me deep in thought too, that we never can tell when or where or how someone's life can be touched by what we say and do. But when that happens, celebrate and learn from it, so that more lives may be touched.
I have learnt. I was touched. I have been inspired. To you who touched my life - my heartfelt thanks. Now, go celebrate. Because you have just showed me that even in simplicity, we can achieve things of great complexity.
No comments:
Post a Comment