Wow! I am so proud of myself. I sat myself down since 12 noon today with the objective of completing the profile write-ups of 20 people for the dream website. And by 5.15pm, I was all done! Hour by hour, I ploughed through the CVs, highlighting points that were relevant and necessary. After all, I had to limit each profile to not more than 150 words. It didn't help that some CVs came in point form, and others stretched four pages long!
At the end of the 20 profile write ups, it was as if I had just been acquinted with 20 inspiring people - people who have "been there and done that". It really makes me look at myself and wonder... All of a sudden I feel that I am shortchanging myself in this life! I really could and should be doing much more!
I treated myself by going rollerblading! Yes, my second time this week rollerblading... a full one and a half hour of it.. round and round and round the Tampines Park, gliding with glee and with a song in my heart.. "This is my life.. My moment's here.. No dream's too bold.. no age too old.." Haiz... So nice... :)
Next mission - to complete at least one assignment by this weekend, get all my notes filed up, and get prepared for practicum starting next Monday. Seems reality hasn't sunk in yet... I still think I have to get back to NIE for classes! Gonna miss the yong tau hu.. $1.50 only!
On Sunday, I'll be meeting the rest of the writers for the website... Let's aim for a good meeting, guys! In the meantime, it's back to NIE work... And hey, whoever you are who visited my blog and left a message on my chatterbox "tips" - welcome! All the best for your practicum!
Oh - one last thing. Just something for you to think about. My NIE tutor let us read this in class. Tell me what you think this text is about. Leave your answers in the comments link. :)
Single Black Female seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I am a very good looking girl who loves to play. I love long walks in the bush, hunting, camping, and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire.
Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. Rub me the right way and watch me respond. I’ll be standing by the door when you come home, wearing only what nature gives me. Kiss me and I’m yours.
Call 123-4567 and ask for Beauty.