24 February 2004

Touched by someone

Yesterday, a friend of mine gave me a card. It read:

I feel really blessed that we're friends
Not only because I enjoy being with you
or because you're so thoughtful...
It's something deeper than that.
I really value you as a person.
You're so sensitive to other people -
Not only just your own circle of family and friends
But everyone around you.
It's as though God put extra love in your heart,
and you try to share it every chance you get.
You make the world a better place just by being you.
I think that you make me a better person
Just by being my friend
And that really is a blessing to me.


I really hadn't expected the card. In it, she wrote on how thankful she was to have found a friend in me, and how I had made a difference in her life. She added her own words of encouragement too about all that's been happening in my life, and I appreciated that. After reading the card, I really wanted to give her a big hug - for just caring and making my day!Thanks, my dear friend... :)

This morning, I dug up my box of cards which I bought some time back just cos the cards were nice. I figured I'd find someone suitable to give those cards to one day. Guess what? I found the exact same card which my friend gave me! It got me thinking two things... "What goes round comes round" and "Pass it on".

It's funny how things have been happening around lately. Things are falling into place so neatly, I feel I'm on a scoring spree in a tetris game. I realised that it is through giving that I receive. The more fully I give, the greater the returns - not in tangible terms, but by a feeling of warmth in my heart. And it makes me smile.

And now, with a smile in my heart, I aim to pass it on, so that the ripple effect will expand far and beyond.

No comments: