21 February 2004

Technical Stuff

Finally, I think most of you can see pictures on my blog now. I somehow gathered there has been something wrong with the yahoo server, where I had placed all my photos and the song. Hence, when the page loads, it is unable to link up to the server, and hence no pictures, no song. Well, at least this is my logic of things!

And so, during CPA class yesterday morning, as I listened to my tutor, I downloaded pictures from my yahoo site and transferred all of it to Sony Image Station instead.. Lo and Behold! Pictures on the blog! Now, I'm looking for another place to deposit the song. The funny thing is that I can hear the song sometimes, and other times I can't. And yet at other times, I can hear only segments of the song. According to the Real Player website, this is what happens when the internet traffic is high, or when there are problems with the host server (ah-ha! I was right!).

So, until I get all the glitches done up, I hope you keep tuning in to the blog. One fine day, I know everything will be ay-okay, and you'd see pictures and hear the song! :)

*******************
The practicum posting came out last night. Chen Ying called me to say it was out. But I knew my posting since Friday cos I contacted the Principal of Holy Innocents High School. I met up with her last year and she agreed to put in a request for me to teach there. So when she replied to say that I'd be posted there, I was excited... Yes, excited. Last week, I was in a wreck of nerves. I was nervous as my tutors spoke about lesson plans and what we should be doing during practicum. It was like suddenly, reality had set in. Yes, Deb. You ARE going to teach finally.

Can I do it? Will I be able to handle it? How about the stress? And working with new people? Do I know enough to teach? What if...?

I am glad I have left all those questions behind. Yes, they are real questions, but how far can it bring me worrying about something I know not of answers until the time comes? Now, knowing that I'd be posted to HIHS, and with the Principal's intention to keep me there after I graduate, I feel a new conviction. A conviction to make a change where I can. I will give my best, and let the driving force that got me to leave my job and come into teaching motivate me. Ah, yes. Teach. Finally.

I'm proud of myself. Really proud. I stayed a total of six hours in the computer lab in the library yesterday completing my assignments. Done with counselling, and almost finished one of the CPA papers. Now, I've to set three exam papers, state the rational behind the questions, and come up with a marking scheme. It's tiring doing it, but we need to know it. When I get to school, I WILL need to know how to set papers.

And when I got back last night, I was still doing editing for the web articles. The mind is a powerful tool. I was physically tired, but my mind wouldn't rest. It kept going and going and going.... But by 11.30pm, I decided to let the body take over. SLEEP.... And here I am, at 7.15am, blogging, re-energized. *stretch* A brand new day! :)

To my NIE classmates...
Hey, Addy - no more Montfort boys for you this time! Hope the new school's better! And you got Peter Teo for your supervisor! Anyone got Alex? And Debby will be teaching in the same school as Dionne... Mag, I know your supervisor. She's quite a nice young lady. Worked with her on one of my graphic design projects before last time. She talks fast, though! We're gonna teach! Hey - must share ideas for lessons, yah? :) See you all on Monday when we will figure out our English assignment... Til then, enjoy the weekend!

No comments: