29 February 2004

My challenge

I have made a challenge. Yes, I have challenged myself once again, and nothing can be better to substatiate this challenge than by verbalizing it.

And so, after an exchange of SMSes to a dear friend last night, I committed myself to that challenge.

"Why the sudden urge?" she asked.

"It's my challenge to challenge my fears." I said

A while ago, I was telling another friend of mine that many a times, we hold back ever so often because we are afraid - afraid of failing, afraid of what others may think of us, afraid that we may not be as good as we would like to be.

Then it dawned on me that the "we" I had been using includes the "I" in me.

I have been afraid of fear itself. (Someone will be so proud of me that I'm learning to use his favourite word - *wink*)

That got me thinking of my fears that have prevented me to do things I've wanted to do. I set my mind on that one fear that hooked itself on me since young. I took in a deep breath, set a target date, made arrangements with my dear friend, and committed myself to this challenge - a challenge that I know will not only open my mind to overcome this fear, but also to a beautiful new world I've never experienced before.

My dear friends will be by my side as I take on this challenge, and I draw strength and confidence in knowing that I can count on them for moral support.

I look forward to that date. I look forward to that challenge.

"Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself."Franklin Roosevelt

No comments: