#42 - that's where I'd be sitting in the staff room of the spanking new school premises of HIHS at Punggol. I was beginning to get jaded with teaching (God forbid - I have 3 more years!), and so I was glad that the school visit rejuvenated the drive in me to want to teach again.
I met some of my students when I went back to school on Saturday, and was greeted with smiles and cheers when some of them found out that I would be back to teach them. Hmmmm... looks like the hard work in developing the rapport didn't go to waste after all!
Frankly, deep in me, all I wanted was for them to grow up to be responsible adults. Simply stated, but it means a whole lot of things. Being responsible means being accountable for everything that I choose to do. And that means accepting whatever consequences that come my way as a result of the choices I make. Being responsible also means taking into consideration how my actions affect those around me. It's about being self-aware, but not self-centred.
Met up with Wendy and Pris on Saturday too. Had a nice long chat with Pris. As always, each time we meet, there's so much to talk about, we could just go on and on. Thanks, Pris for the unconditional support in what I'm doing. And for always being there. And now we know, don't order the Otak Bruschetta when we go to Coffee Club! :)
Today has been a fulfilling day. Glad I managed to spend time with my brother today at Mass. And I managed to speak to Justin about pursuing his singing... I've always loved it when he sang at Mass. It was my wish back then that I could see him do something about his singing. And now that I can do something about it, I'm glad I took the courage to go up to him and speak to him about it. And he was excited about it! I can't wait to see how he can be developed!!
Bonding time with close friends again after that. I've learnt today, that No. 49 on the Crytal Jade menu is my comfort food... Sliced Fish and sliced Beef Congee. I've never felt so satisfied downing a whole bowl of congee for such a long time! Food always bring people together...
Tomorrow marks the first official school holiday for me. I will enjoy the next three weeks while it lasts...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment