It's been a week since I had that acute pain in the back. Today, I had to go back to the hospital for a check up. They told me I had a slight slipped disc. Not to worry, they said, since I could still walk. I'd be in trouble if I had begun to lose my senses.
And so, they sent me off to physiotherapy. There, I was put on a traction machine that will help align my bone back, and some heat treatment to ease the pain. I have begun to feel a sore pain down the right side of my leg. According to the doctor, that meant that some bone is probably pressing onto some nerves, causing the pain. If the pain spreads up to my hands, it could mean that my spinal chord somehow has also been affected. Hopefully not...
In the meantime, I am not supposed to do any form of vigourous exercise. I even have an MC to prove it. Thankfully, I can still swim. :) I'd have to get back to the hospital on a weekly basis for physiotherapy. Of course, the doctor also sent me home with a bunch of painkillers and some gel that's supposed to ease the pain. It's all still in the bag. Don't believe in the painkillers - they just ease the pain, but it doesn't solve the problem.
Besides that, I'm all OK... Have been on a high, actually. Can't really comprehend why, but I love it when I have all this energy to infect people around me to make them smile! :)
Tomorrow, I'd be conducting cooking classes for a few of my NIE mates. On the menu - brownies, banana bread, oatmeal cookies and pesto pasta.
But for tonight, I will enjoy it while it lasts. Thinking about the things I'd be doing in the future gives me a tingling sensation of excitement, anticipation, yet sometimes fear. With the challenges that await me, I see myself charging ahead with all the courage I can gather. Sure, I'd be battered, beaten and worn out again. But I know at the end of it all, I'd come out all stronger and wiser. With that, what's there to lose?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment