26 May 2004

The one thing I learnt today

I had a good time today just catching up with friends I've not met for a while - friends from Harvard for one. The group of them are down for the Negotiations EP that I would have been running if I had not quit NUS.

Besides catching up briefly with Uncle Joel (nice to see you after so long!), I had a nice one hour heart to heart talk with Papa John. And amongst the many things we spoke about, the one thing I learnt from him today is what he tells all his children, "Your greatest responsibility is not for the generation before you, but for the generation after you." We were talking about parents learning to let go of their children when they are old enough to think on their own, to chart their own lives, and to grow up to be the individuals they ought to be.

I also met up with Ian for dinner. I haven't had time to catch up with him ever since he knew Pam! Well, I'm really happy for the both of them that things are really going on well between the both of them. :) Why do I hear wedding bells? Or was it just me hearing things? :P It's great knowing that things are going on well for him!

Just had a good talk with mum... and yes, she supports all that I'm doing... "Just make sure you take care of your health ah.." OK, mum...:)

I've to be up in three hours' time to make my way to Pulau Nanyang for some Induction Programme... after which, I will trod down to some kung fu sinseh shop to have my back twisted back to shape... Yes, it still hurts, but not as bad... And I'm glad to say, I've cured my cough! I just downed lots of mum's sambal belacan mixed in soup!

A fulfilling day indeed!

:)

No comments: