I know I haven't been the best at blogging these days. It is an indication of too many things to do, and more so, the lack of inspiration to write. In short, the following happened since the last time I blogged...
1. Received my permanent posting - it's back to HIHS.
2. Have been cooking lately, and inventing new dishes again, much to the happiness of my brother who has been spared of mum's cooking - not that she doesn't cook well, but she cooks the same dishes over and over again.
3. Mum's much better. Her health has improved, but she's still under medication.
4. Managed to get Wendy to seriously think about her future plans in her career path.
5. Grace got her dream job at TP! Congrats!! Now, I'm really going to pass my students to you, pal!
6. Was chef for the weekend for two parties. It felt good knowing people enjoyed by cooking! The brownies, once again, was a hit! :)
7. I learnt from a dear friend what it means to give unconditionally. It takes a lot out of one to do that. Sometimes, I should remind myself to be less selfish and more giving, no matter who.
8. Finally took some time to write to Dad. Thank goodness he's fine.. He's back to line dancing and is actually teaching in some home line dancing on a volunteer basis.
9. Am planning a trip to Bangkok cos I've got a free ticket!
10. Spent the weekend with three dear friends. What else could be better?
Just got back from the SAF visit as part of the NIE post practicum programme. Wow! I sat in an F5 and F16!! And did you know that each of the gigantic Singapore flag that is flown on National Day is 90ft by 60 ft, and costs $30,000 per flag. And that they have 18 flags on standby in total on that day??? Do your maths.. The price we pay for getting our country's name in the guiness book of world records.
Say what you wish.. I am proud to be a Singaporean!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment