It's been two days since I had the acute pain at the lower back, and the pain is still there. I feel like a confused old woman who cannot decide if it's better to sit or stand. Sitting down for more than 5 minutes sends a sharp pain from the lower back up to the spine. Standing for too long sends a numbing pain at the same area. Walking sends a pulsing pain with every step I take. The only thing I can do is to lie on my papasan chair with stacks of pillows to support the back. Only then is the pain bearable.
But I feel bored just sitting there. So, just enduring the pain, I cooked a whole big pot of minestrone soup yesterday afternoon. Went NTUC to shop for groceries with my mum, and even went to church for Ascension Day Mass yesterday evening. I did much walking, and though at the end of the day, the pain came on even stronger, I did feel better than just sitting in my papasan chair doing nothing. It's times like these that I only wished I had a laptop instead of a desktop.
PAUSE... back aching again.. Let me change my sitting position...
I've been one person who hates medication. And so I refused to pop in any painkillers yesterday. But come night time, I had to succumb to the pills. Well, at least I had a good nights' sleep cos the pills make me drowsy.
Next week, I've to go back to the hospital for a check up. I hope I'd be better by then. I've got too much to do outside to stay indoors with a back ache!
Oh, and to my dear friends - thanks for your care, concern, msn messages, smses and calls. You know who you are - Thanks, really... :)
Have a great day ahead.. It's Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment